About Me

My photo
Weston Super Mare, Somerset, United Kingdom
Hello and welcome to my blog. My name is Robin Whitlock. I am a freelance journalist with a special interest in environmental issues and renewable energy. I have numerous published articles to my credit and write regularly for a number of renewable energy websites. I am also a writer for Renewable Energy Magazine and a sub-editor for Renewable Energy Focus. I am currently based in Bristol, UK. Besides renewable energy and green issues I have a wide variety of other interests which includes World War 2, mythology and folklore, gardening, railways and lots more besides. You can also reach me on either of my two email addresses, which are: robinwhitlock66@hotmail.com and robinwhitlock1966@gmail.com Thanks!

Hire Me!!

Hire Me!! - Freelance Journalist specializing in environmental issues and renewable energy
Writer for Renewable Energy Magazine
Sub-editor for Renewable Energy Focus
Contributor to Holmes Digital Media websites (Solar Guide, Renewables Guide, Boiler Guide, Builder Guide)
Contributor to Cleversolar blog and Find Energy Savings
Published in numerous national magazines
See below for writing samples

Monday, 17 June 2013

Two recent articles in Kindred Spirit

I have been fortunate enough to have had regular articles published in the spirituality magazine Kindred Spirit. Here are the first pages of the two latest such articles.

The Mindful Gardener looks at the gardening practice followed by the Head Gardener of Chalice Well in Glastonbury, Somerset, who is a close personal friend of mine. He follows the 'mindfulness' practice of the Buddhist Thich Nat Hanh and applies it to his gardening practice. Because of this, a year or so ago, he was asked to write a book about the subject and so the article explores both Ark's practice and also provides a few insights into his book and how he came to write it.

Following this success I was then asked by the magazine to write a specially commissioned article on the archaeological excavation of Goebekli Tepe in Turkey, which is one of the oldest ancient cities in the world. There is considerable evidence for shamanic practice having been followed at this location with a city priesthood and the worship of animal and/or ancestor spirits.

With Andrew Collins being a Facebook friend of mine, I decided to seek his opinion on the site, and upon having taken this decision discovered that Andrew had, unsurprisingly, been following the excavation all along and was even working on his own book about the site. All of which made a very interesting article even better.

No comments:

Post a Comment